Interpret the Landscape with David Bannister
Thursday 7th April / 14th April / 21st April / 28th April: 10am to 1pm
During the 4 sessions of this workshop, you will learn:
• How to compose a scene. Being aware of spaces and proportions.
• The land and horizon.
• How to create movement and rhythm within the landscape. Describing water, reflections and flow.
• Focussing on the subject within the landscape. Using perspective, direction of brushstrokes and dynamic use of paint and texture.
• How to describe space, skies, clouds and weather.
• Bringing all the elements together into one masterpiece!
• Demonstrations of techniques using acrylic paints and mediums.
• Quick look at how artists past and present have interpreted landscape.
What You Will Need:
Students to bring their own sketches, photos or other reference material to work from.
Please also bring your own acrylic paints and brushes.
Students will aim to complete a landscape painting in acrylic paint on canvas or board by the end of the 4 day workshops. Canvasses and boards will be provided.
Tea and coffee will be provided.